Re: Snarfing changelogs from packages.debian.org

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 02:29:52AM +0200, Shaul Karl was heard to say:
> >   I'd like to write some code to view a package's ChangeLog by downloading it
> > from the Debian servers.  Is it safe to depend upon the following URL working?
> > http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/get-changelog?package=%s
> >
> >   Also, are there any other goodies available besides that and the
> > copyright -- eg, viewing README.Debian, etc.
> >

> One way to have all this stuff is to
> 	apt-get source package

  True.  OTOH, if I wanted to do that, I would have :)  The reason I want to
do things the way I suggested is that it avoids downloading and unpacking the
whole package (source or binary form..most packages are fairly large either
way).  It's a little harder to automate, though; it looks like I'm going to
have to strip some HTML off..

  Daniel