PSNFSS and dvips problem

Hi all,

There are several sample TeX files in
/usr/share/texmf/source/latex/psnfss/ like test0.tex, test1.tex
mathtest.tex and pitest.tex for PSNFSS.

I recently tried these files and found some problems.

They can be completely well processed by latex but

- when I tried to print DVI files to PostScript printer,
then there was not output at all.

- If I tried to convert DVI files to PostScript files then
generated PostScript files caused PS errors with gs (gv in
fact).

Furthermore there was test1.ps generated by old dvips in my
Linux box by chanse and it can be shown correctly with gs so
I guess recent dvips has some problem.

But I am afraid this might be my system specific problem so
I wish to know;

- Are there anyone who does not encounter any problem with
the files above and dvips?

- Or are there anyone who does encounter the same problem?

System Information;

Potato with

ii  tetex-base     1.0-7          basic teTeX library files
ii  tetex-bin      1.0.6-3        teTeX binary files
ii  tetex-dev      1.0.6-3        kpathsea.a and include files for teTeX
ii  tetex-doc      1.0-7          teTeX documentation
ii  tetex-extra    1.0-7          extra teTeX library files
ii  tetex-lib      1.0.6-3        shared libkpathsea for teTeX
ii  tetex-nonfree  1.0-7          non-free teTeX library files
ii  tetex-src      1.0-1          teTeX texmf source files

This is dvips(k) 5.86 Copyright 1999 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)

Thanks in advance,		2000.2.5

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>