technical suggestion to resolve the mbr issue

Hi all,

I did not read the whole thread (did anyone? ;) so I am not sure if anyone
came up with this. Looking at the install-mbr man-page there is the
following way to convince mbr to conform better to the standard dos-mbr
way of booting. By using

install-mbr -e -FA /dev/XYZ

you can disable the advanced features and the floppy boot. Of cause
console users can still stop a machine from booting. But I guess they can
do that anyway if they can initiate a reboot.

Why not just add that to liloconf and the postinst of the mbr-package?

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler