Re: mutt and ncurses

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 04:02:34PM +0100, Jim Mintha wrote:
> Does anyone know the reason we seems to move from ncurses to slang.
> I'm the slang maintainer, but this was before I took it over.  I know
> I used to have problem with colours with ncurses, which moving to
> slang fixes, but perhaps that was with older ncurses.  There does seem
> to be a lot of problems with colours and the current slang.

The problem is and always was that the colors used by xterm specifically
are backwards in terms of red and blue from the colors use by ... uh,
EVERYTHING ELSE.

Changing this in xterm breaks the tradition of what the colors are in
xterm.  Leaving it causes applications to bend over backwards trying to
cope.  Either way it's going to annoy somebody.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<rcw> dark: caldera?
<Knghtbrd> rcw - that's not a distribution, it's a curse
<rcw> Knghtbrd: it's a cursed distribution