Re: broken deps on libglide2-v3

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 08:03:27PM -0500, Marques Johansson wrote:
> I did not know about the equiv package.  I set it up as
> device3dfx-module-dummy.  now i am happy.
>
> BUT, as the equiv package says it is just a hack, the maintained
> package should be adjusted for this situation.

It is a hack--one required by your setup.  The dependency system does not
allow me a way to do anything but what I've done, until I can provide a
new version which works without /dev/3dfx.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

Techical solutions are not a matter of voting. Two legislations in the US
states almost decided that the value of Pi be 3.14, exactly. Popular vote
does not make for a correct solution.
        -- Manoj Srivastava