Re: Scary mailing list, Re: Scary bugs

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 11:06:44AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 03:58:40PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > Not likely.  We use smartlist :-)
>
> How 'bout forcing a mail-followup-to something other than
> debian-devel-announce?

[I apologize for the stupid "reply all" that has put one of my messages
on debian-devel-announce]

Well, this seems doable and could stop errors. But I think, for all the
lists, we could make a *simple* step, improving the ratio signal/noise:

Send automagically to the new subscriber a small text explaining what
the list is designed for, how to behave and where to find the
informations. Example : debian-devel-announce is for the important
*announces* only; bring the *discussions* to the appropriate list.

Unfortunely, I have asked for such a "greeting page" for the debian-french
list, so that we can avoid having always the same questions, and so that
new subscribers could not say they don't know where to find the FAQ etc...

I have asked to:
listmaster -> no answer
devel -> no answer
Darren O. Benham -> immediate and friendly answer ; but Darren is not the
                    responsible for the list management
debian-amin -> no answer

Is there a way to have something done some day?
--
Thierry LARONDE
thierry.laronde@polynum.com