Re: deluser ?

roland@copyleft.de (Roland Bauerschmidt) wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 08:46:10PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
>> Anyway, I think I missed part of the problem. userdel seems to reverse most
>> of the effect of adduser (for example the group is removed as I just
>> noticed) but I don't think this is a valid reason for not including another
>> helpful script in Debian.
>
>You're right, userdel removes the group, home and mailspool (last 2 if run
>with -r). But I had the intention with deluser to provide something more user
>friendly where a lot of features could be added. E.g. you could add removing
>the entry in smbpasswd if the user is deleted and smbpasswd exists, etc.
>Features like tar-ing and removing files in /var and / (root) owned by the
>user to be remove are already implemented and can be enabled by setting a
>parameter.

Not to mention the ability to add your own hooks in
/usr/local/sbin/adduser.local; if I can automate various tedious
administrative tasks there, I should be able to automate their reversal
in the same way with /usr/local/sbin/deluser.local.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]