symlinks still in frozen archives

Are we truely and honestly in a frozen state yet?

The reason I ask, is that there are still many symlinks in the potato
archives pointing back to slink. It was my understanding that part of the
freeze involves collapsing these symlinks. With them still in place, you
need two complete archives for Intel, and three for the other archs,
before you can actually do an install from the archives.

So, are these symlinks going to remain, or is there a plan to remove them.

Waiting is,

Dwarf