Re: hardware management system

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

> I think something Debian (potato) doesn't have is a 'hardware
> management system' or hardware detection. Most other distros introduces
> something like that in their latest releases. I think this is an important
By the way I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to implement a
hardware check before kernel configuration.  Thus a preconfiguration
of the most options could be done and could make life easier if
you compile for the box you are running the compile process?
Of course this is independend from Debian.  Kind of wishlist which
someone more experienced could foreward to the kernel upstream team.

Just an idea

     Andreas.