Re: pine396-diffs

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Ryan White wrote:

> Well no one responded to my previous post but here is an update.
>
> I just did an update and found there there is a pine4-diffs package. I
> thought this would solve this depend problem but it did not. Instead I now
> have both pine4 and pine396 that are looking for ncurses-dev which does
> not exist according to dselect. Is this being addressed?

The way I understand the thread Richard Braakman, who's project manager
for the release, has issued and edict that ncurses4-dev will be in potato
when it releases, but there's been some flame going both ways on that
subject.

Is it needing ncurses-dev or ncurses4-dev? Maybe ncurses4-dev provides
ncurses-dev.

Let me know if you get it working. I'll be needing to throw pine on my new
box next week and if I can do it with the deb pkg mgt system all the
better. If not I'll ./build from tgz as I normally do :).

ciao,

der.hans