xdm-gnome Potato

Well I was trying to figure out how to get a gnome
desktop configuration setup (just like redhat) and
ended up removing xdm and installing gdm.  WOW COOL!

Havn't explored all the options yet, but I don't think
I'm EVER going back to xdm.

On another subject, I had the idea (in the back of my
head) of making my own linux distro based on debian.
Now before anyone says NOT ANOTHER..., all I really
had in mind was a wrapper around the existing debian
that would peform a pre-packaged install designed for
the desktop.  The gdm package seems to be what I
really had in mind.  Now I remember that the installer
offered several package options (including 'none'
which is what I always used).  I wonder if the desktop
option included gdm since I never tried it.  Guess
what I really had in mind was a set of instructions
that would enable one to simply install the standard
debian and endup with a RedHat like desktop.

Anyway I'm going back to fool around some more with
gnome and get my desktop to my liking.  Next thing I
need to do is to get that startrek theme installed.
Is there a debian package for that or do I have to
wade though themes.org?

Ken

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!