Re: Potato "testing"

It's even worse than that.  If I su (in an xterm) and
then try to run gnome-apt I get an error, root isn't
allowed access to the display.  So you CAN'T run
gnome-apt UNLESS you are logged in as root under XDM
or startx from a console when you are logged in as
root.  IOW either xdm must allow root login, or don't
install xdm if you want to use gnome-apt.

( Xlib: connection to :0.0 refused by server
  Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
  Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0 }

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....