Re: ????

   From: "Jean Crowl" <crowl@midwest.net>
   Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:14:26 -0600

 > I'd ask you...  :o) uh I want to set up an irc server I was getting =
 > ready to pay for a shell and somebody told me I could use my spare box =
 > and put linux on it and run the server from that...   is this true? and =
 > could I access it from my windows box?
Depends what you want to do.
If you want to setup an irc server for fun in your intranet, sure, that
can be done with linux.
If the server should be available on the Net it depends if you have a
connection which can be open 24h a day. Then you could connect
your linux box to the net and offer the irc server to the rest ...
I dont really understand your question. doh..

CYa,
    Mario