Re: mingetty allows control c

On 15/1/2000 Decklin Foster wrote:

IMHO it's fine. You can't exactly brute force a password if you have
to actually do the typing on a keyboard, and mingetty only works on
the console. For example, with xdm there's no delay at all. It's
telnet sessions and modem gettys that we have to worry about, because
that's where you can set up expect or somesuch to type the passwords
in for you.

sounds reasonable to me, I would not have even brought it up but i noticed that other versions of mgetty did not allow this, and was not certain if there was any other reasons for it.

Ethan