Re: tasks

"Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> > Imap
>
> Damn, I completely forgot about this.
>
> My question is is their really any point in making a task-imap package?
> imap depends on libc-client4.7 which depends on mlock.  So if you select
> imap in dselect or with apt-get you get all the other packages you need
> anyway.  Can tasksel (which I haven't tried) just list imap even though it
> doesn't begin with task- ?

IANADD, but I should say not. You are assuming that there is only one
IMAP daemon (the UW one). A task-imap package can Depend on a package
that provides the IMAP service, such as the UW one, or Cyrus, or the
one that will (eventually) come from GNU mailutils.

--
Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo - jkaivo@ndn.net - http://jakob.kaivo.net/