Re: tasks

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> My question is is their really any point in making a task-imap package?
> imap depends on libc-client4.7 which depends on mlock.  So if you select
> imap in dselect or with apt-get you get all the other packages you need
> anyway.  Can tasksel (which I haven't tried) just list imap even though it
> doesn't begin with task- ?

Tasksel lists only packages that start with task-, that's how it limits the
number of packages it lists to something manageable.

I guess the real question is: Is imap important enough to be listed as a
task? It may make more sense to make a task-mail-server or something, which
would include several mail tools and daemons, including imap.

I'm not really sure what granularity the task packages are supposed to use.
And it doesn't seem very consistent so far, either. :-(

--
see shy jo