Re: Some comments for a smarter installation

Frank Knappe wrote:

> 1. Prepared profiles:
> A nice think but the realization isn't perfect. I choosed the
> scientific workstation. This yields in a lot of programs for the
> same purpose. One example: I had now emacs19, emacs20 and xemacs20.
> This is at least one *macs to much. Why not add some additional
> questions, in which somebody could choose his favorite programs?
> A completly manual installation via dselect isn't useable for
> a newbie.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be better to choose a prepared profile, and then choose
from the list of packages marked to fit that single profile or something.

> 2. During the installtion process a had to answer a lot of boring
> questions in unregular intervals. Why not collect all these questions
> and ask them at once.

Or to go even further, why not letting the user being able to specify his/her
options to every single package. But this should not be a must.

/bacon (just love brain storming)