Re: US Encryption Policy Change Now Official!

> Looks like it is now official!!!

Unless this is a very sick prank.  Are you absolutely sure that the
web server with the original announcement wasn't cracked?

Or another policy where all the dfevels are hidden in the details.
At least it appears they appear to have eliminated the "wait for
approval [which will be granted after the next ice age ends]" clause
for non-commercial software.

In the meanwhile, I *am* looking for someone to interested in
formally adopting my unofficial MIT Kerberos package.  The binaries
are online at http://www.dimensional.com/~bgiles, but I plan to
keep the actual directory access controlled until MIT drops their
own controls.  The source, minus the actual Kerberos tarballs,
will be up within within the hour.

On a related note, I also have S/Key packages (S/Key, and an S/Key
PAM module), for anyone who wishes to adopt them.

Bear Giles
bgiles@coyotesong.com