Re: Possible solution to Netscape crashing problem (was Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 7, 2000)

I find Netscape on my machine to crash regularly when Java is in
use, but not instantly: it apparently depends on how many Java
apps start up and how quickly.  I've had to modify a bit of my
CGI-based software to only start up Java apps once in a separate
window rather than once per page to increase reliability.

Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:

> There seems to be very little pattern between who it crashes for and who it
> doesn't. But I just got a hunch, People who find the glibc netscape unusably
> unstable or totally rock solid: How fast a net connection do you have?

I move my machine between 10 Mbps Ethernet and a 28.8 kbps modem
a few times a year, and the behavior is the same regardless of
line speed.