Re: Do we prefer Tk8.0 or 8.2 ? (for python-tk, that is)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:

> I have a quite urgent problem while polishing the new Python packages:
>
> Do we prefer our packages to use tk8.2 or on tk8.0 ?
<...>
> Any opinions ?

A quick peek at www.python.org reveals references to nothing later than
tk8.0.5, so tk8.0 would be the safest choice and should be the default.
i.e., Python, per se, will not know about any new features added to
tk8.2, so why risk introducing bugs without adding functionality, eh.

If there is enough demand for a python that uses tk8.2 then provide it
as an alternate.  Jumping through hoops to get it installed should not
be a problem since anyone wanting/needing python linked against tk8.2
will probably be experienced enough to handle the acrobatics required.

later,

	Bruce