RFC: New package "python"

I'd like to hear your comments about a change which may or may not make it
into potato:

Currently "python" is an virtual package only, provided by python-base. I'd
like to turn "python" into a real package with the upcoming new revision of
the Python packages:

Package: python
Source: python
Depends: python-base, python-dev, python-gdbm, python-mpz, python-tk, idle,
 python-zlib, python-examples
Suggests: python-doc, python-elisp
 This package installs the complete Python distribution as availble from
 www.python.org, featuring e.g.
 .
 - Tkinter, a platform-indepedent GUI toolkit, based on Tk
 - IDLE, a Python integrated development environment, written in Tkinter
 - the environment for building Python extensions in C
 .
 If you don't need all of these, don't use this package, but only
 python-base.

I.e. this package would install in all packages that are included in the
Python distribution, drawing in the necessary dependencies if not yet
installed (libgdbmg1, libgmp2, zlib1g, tcl8.0, tk8.2).

Therefore a newbie user can select "python" and will get a typical Python
installation. Experienced users can strip down the system by using
"python-base".

I'm not sure about python-tk and idle, though, since they depend on X11 at
last. As well arguable are the packages that are now in Suggests (elisp
depends on an emacsen), should I include python-doc in the Depends ?

Comments ?

    Gregor