Re: libhtml-embperl-perl is orphaned.

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:
> On Monday 10 January 2000, at 13 h 34, the keyboard of Michael Alan Dorman
> <mdorman@debian.org> wrote:
> > I never ended up using HTML::Embperl at all.  I've maintained it for
> > the last year or so out of a sense of duty, but I've decided that the
> > right thing to do is orphan it.
> Hmmm, its main competitor, Apache::ePerl ('eperl' package) is de
> facto orphaned (both upstream and at Debian), so it does not let us
> with many solutions...

Didn't know that ePerl had been abandoned---of course Ralf has had a
lot on his hands with just apache lately.

Embperl is, of course, free for someone who uses it to maintain.  And
perhaps I will check on it and do NMUs on it from time to time.  But I
don't have any code to test it with, etc., which makes me a poorer
maintainer than pretty much _anyone_ who actually makes use of it.

As far as alternatives with a future, there's HTML::Mason, which I
both use and maintain, and is actively developed upstream, etc.

But I agree, one solution != many.

Mike.