Automatic debian installation and configuration

Hi,
I've just had a closer look at a system called dzinstall,
http://boogie.cs.unitn.it/dz/debian/dzinstall/. It is a install system for
debian that together with a modified debian distribution allows automatic
configuration and installation. It allowed me to quite easily create a
single boot disk that when booted installed a default configured debian
without me having to press one single key during the install process.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if we could have support for this in the
officiall distribution as well? We're not that far away actually. The debconf
utility, to handle to configuration currently done interactivly by the
postinst script, is already in place. All we got to do is to get people to
use it...

 Name:        Hakan Ardo
 E-Mail:      hakan@debian.org
 WWW:         http://www.ub2.lu.se/~hakan/sig.html
 Public Key:  Try "finger hakan@master.debian.org"
 Fingerprint: E9 81 FD 90 53 5C E9 3E  3D ED 57 15 1B 7E 29 F3
 Interests:   WWW, Programming, 3D graphics

 Thought for the day: As long as one understands, the
 spelling does not matter :-)