Re: ANN: initial sparc potato boot floppies ready for testing

ferret@phonewave.net wrote:
> Machine is a Sparc IPX with generic 4x16MB 36-bit SIMMS and OEM hard
> drive on serial console.
>

> Booted by TFTP
>
> Console is `minicom' running on Slink i386. Noticed that dbootstrap is
> not drawing with the IBM `box' characters like 2.1 dbootstrap did.

Pass TERM=vt100 or TERM=vt102 at boot time.  Current init process does not
enforce TERM settings anymore ;((  I don't know wether I will enable it again
or just let the user pass TERM=xxx at boot time.  Maybe a serial target for
silo could also be helpful for floppy boot.
On this topic, do you know about a way of identifying the type of console
connected to the serial line ?  Is there an escape sequence that returns vt100
or the like ?

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.