Re: Whats wrong with this program?

Am  7.01.00 um 11:07:54 schrieb Martin Schulze:
> Brian May wrote:
> > #include <stdio.h>
> [...]
> > 	return(0);
> > }
> >
> > generates lots of warnings.
> >
> > [541] [dewey:bam] ~/cvswork/heimdal >gcc test.c -o test -O2 -Wpointer-arith -Wall
>
> -O2 does not like -Wpointer-arith, if you leave out either of them
> it compiles fine.

But that's not a very satisfying answer. For one, it's only a workaround.
Methinks -O2 and -Wpointer-arith should not influence each other. In fact
they don't on my systems here, a Slink box and Solaris with (e)gcc.
And certainly it shouldn't result in a dozen warnings. One is usually
enough.

Bye bye,
    Mike

--