Re: ITP: egg

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 06:38:41PM +0100, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Does I understand you correct.
> EGG 3.0 has originally no copyright statement.
> Somebody decided to distribute it under GPL.
> You used the source for EGG 3.0 and made an EGG 4.0 and release it as GPL.
> I'm sorry, but I don't think we can distribute that.

I think we can. Read this section:

>> However, we chose to rewrite whole of them, while referring the design
>> and interface of EGG V3.0.

If they rewrote the whole thing it is their software and their decision
which copyright to choose. Maybe they should use a different name though.

Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member