Re: [leganii@surfree.com: Re: FWD: C-Kermit & potato]

Frank da Cruz wrote:
> > I don't see why people are arguing about anything.  C-Kermit was
> > not meant to be `free' AFAICT.  The intent was to make it
> > included in distributions.  Putting it in non-free accomplishes
> > their main goal even if it won't be on official Debian CDs (it
> > will at least be packaged).  The stripped-down G-Kermit will go
> > on Debian CDs (in main) and everyone will be happy.
> >
> > Right?
> >
> Right.  On a practical note, I merely need to know the details.  Will
> Debian itself distribute the package, and from where (e.g. a URL we
> can link to from the Kermit website)?

Yes.  You'll find proper URLs on http://packages.debian.org/ckermit
all the time.  The filenames get changed, so you cannot link to a
static set of files.

Non-free is not part of Debian, it's only software that is available
in the .deb format, ready to be installed on a Debian system.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.