Re: YAY2KF: Re: Hurrah for stable 2.1r4 (Was: Hurrah! )

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > I've just uploaded fixed mutt & pilot-manager packages, but slrn now
> > depends on debconf, and I not too sure about the best way to remove
>
> Can't you backport the y2k fixes for teh slink version?  This was the
> proper action in former times...

That's what I did for pilot-manager since I had a patch.

For slrn, I just have the changes.txt file that says:

[snip]
Changes since 0.9.5.3
[snip]
1. Tweak to generation of NEWGROUPS server command to make it y2k
   compliant.  (In my opinion, the protocol is weak in this area)
[snip]

So finding where is the exact fix is not trivial either since the upstream
(ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slrn/) FTP site doesn't have the diff for
0.9.5.3 ->  0.9.5.4.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:                                               GNOME : -