Re: [bug] Restarting Daemons on package install/upgrade.

Quoting Karl M. Hegbloom:
>  I've noticed that when I install or upgrade a daemon, it's often
>  started up during the postinst regardless of whether I have that
>  service enabled via /etc/rcN.d for the runlevel I am currently in.
>  This is very annoying.

	Agreed.  This problem is endemic.  I can't tell you how many
times I've had to kill the fscking portmapper.  That, and inetd
constantly runs even though it's not in the current runlevel, and
inetd.conf is nothing but comments.