Re: Why does potato compiling suck?

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 06:39:13PM +0000, Peter Allen wrote:
> "Dwayne C . Litzenberger" wrote:
>
> > /usr/lib/libqt.a(qapplication_x11.o): In function `QSessionManager::allowsErrorInteraction(void)':
> > qapplication_x11.o(.text+0xac83): undefined reference to `SmcInteractRequest'
>
> It is indeed a linking error.  A quick search says the libraries
> that you need to link with are -lICE -lSM.

FWIW, I think this *IS* a recent bug in potato.  I have several
packages that suddenly required this sort of explicit declaration that
didn't originally.  Fumbling through the documentation leads me to
believe that it might be something like --rpath-link (or the internal
equivalent of it) being broken, since this is happening where a shared
library is included that refers to another shared library that isn't
in /usr/lib.

I'm not entirely sure where to file the bug, though.

Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger