Re: FREEZE RESCHEDULED

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Richard Braakman wrote:

> I was too hasty when declaring this freeze.  Adam di Carlo assured me that
> the boot-floppies are just not ready yet, and won't be for a number of
> weeks even if they get help.

Question:  Is there any reason why we can't take the current boot disks
and stick a new kernel, libc etc. on them.  They won't be as good as the
new ones I'm sure but they're quite serviceable IMO.

[...]

> I think that freezing on either of those dates is not useful, due to the
> winter festivities and the end of the world.

True, Debian CDs won't be of too much use After Y2K unless they're made of
actual potato.  But if we freeze before December 1, we still may have
enough time to save the world! :-)

Please reconsider your decision.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>