Strange behavior of SSH

Hi,

  I have just discovered strange behavior of SSH 1.2.27 when connecting to a
potato machine from some RedHat ones (apparently from the 6.0 <hedwig>)
release. When I try to log onto my machine from those servers I get:

Secure connection to jester.vip.net.pl refused; reverting to insecure
method.
Using rsh.  WARNING: Connection will not be encrypted.
jester.vip.net.pl: No route to host

But when I telnet to port 22, I get the usual protocol version advertisment
of sshd. Both sides have the same version of SSH:

The RedHat side:
SSH Version 1.2.27 [i586-unknown-linux], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.

The Debian side:
SSH Version 1.2.27 [i686-unknown-linux], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.

There's no trace in the logs that the connection attempt has been made. So
far I have found two machines I cannot connect from (both running RH 6.0).
Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

marek