Re: WHEN do you upload to grep and sed with multi-byte extension?

Previously Ryuichi Arafune wrote:
> One month ago, I asked you to apply multibyte extension patch to grep
> and sed and to upload them, to upload grep-ja and sed-ja (by me)
> instead.
>
> However there is no uploading them. Why?

For sed I send the patch to the upstream maintainer, who said he would
look at it. Since then he released a new beta-version, but looking at
the ChangeLog that doesn't contain this patch.

I'm willing to put a patch in the Debian packages for sed and grep, but
I'm still waiting for a patch that *only* implements multibyte support,
and doesn't do things like modifying things for DOS-support.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |