Re: Uninstallable Packages

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Anthony Towns wrote:

> This doesn't appear to check conflicts though? (It also seems to require
> some hacking to get it to /just/ base its conclusions on the Packages
> file; and looking at the apt source confused me)

I forget if it considers conflicts.. As for your other question, ah, that
used to be possible, but I broke it and now it is possible again in the
CVS version again..

rm jnk
apt-cache -p jnk add /var/state/apt/lists/*Packages
apt-cache -p jnk -g unment -i

[The -g option is what was missing]

The only way conflicts matter is if they form conflicts/depends loops
which are really hard to detect for the general case..

Jason