Re: doom source GPL'd

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 12:41:51PM -0700, Joey Hess was heard to say:
> It looks like the doom source is now under the GPL.
> (http://www.doomworld.com/). This clears up the previous licencing problems
> that were keeping it out of debian. It will still be fit only for contrib
> for now, since it needs non-free WAD files.
>
> Who's going to mackage it?

  Cool.  Does this mean Heretic can go in as well?  I've actually got a
Debianization diff against one of the beta versions of the Linux port that I
never did anything much with because of the licensing; if someone's interested
in packaging it, I can send them it (and even the orig.tar.gz I used).  I also
have a package of the shareware WAD files..I don't remember if I can distribute
it offhand, though.  It's certainly not free. :)

  Daniel

--
I haven't lost my mind, I know exactly where I left it.