Re: ITP: actx

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 07:16:37PM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:
>  Package: actx
>  Version: 0.98pre8-2

You do realize that dpkg treats "0.98" as less than "0.98pre8", don't you?

>  Section: x11

This should probably go in "games" or maybe "graphics" depending on what a
"window sitter" is.

>   ActX is a window sitter program to make your life with X rich and
> fruitful. It supports a helpful pop-up menu to modify configuration of
> animation and more. Originally inspired with XAyanami, another window
> sitter.

The second, third, and fourth lines of the extended description should be
indented one space.

Also, the description doesn't actually tell me much.

What is a "window sitter"?  A baby sitter for windows?  I do not understand.

"to make your life with X rich and fruitful" either sounds like a joke or
very bad advertising.  If it is the latter it has no place in the package
description, which needs to be informative.

Instead of that second sentence, I would say "Animation and other
configuration is done with a pop-up menu."

"Originally inspired with" should probably be "Originally inspired by".

But the most important thing is to tell the user what a "window sitter" is.
I think I'm up on my jargon, but I don't know what you're talking about
here.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   If you wish to strive for peace of soul,
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   then believe; if you wish to be a