Re: SSH never free

At 10:06 +1000 1999-10-02, Herbert Xu wrote:
They use libssl, which begs the question why isn't libssl in non-US/non-free?

Uh, because it isn't non-free?

If we step into the "patents make something non-free" trap, then we probably have a lot of things in main that should be moved to non-free because they technically infringe on someone's stupid patent.

Perhaps you are confused, ssh became non-free despite patents in 1.2.13, it is *NOT* the patents that make ssh non-free.

Another thing, technically our ssh package is illegal to use in the US because it does not use RSAREF.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>