Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 01:02:44AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> The Doctor What wrote:
> > Why shouldn't *all* daemon packages ask these questions, and whether to even
> > run *upon install*?
>
> Because we need to decrease the number of questions asked at install time,
> not increase it.

According to who?  I admit there a lot, and someone needs to issue
bugreports againts silly, redundant questions.... But until debconf, then
we are stuck with the current methods of configuring things.

By all means make it debconf, but these questions need to be asked.

Ciao!

--
"If users are made to understand that the system administrator's job is to make computers run, and not to make them happy, they can, in fact, be made happy most of the time. If users are allowed to believe that the system administrator's job is to make them happy, they can, in fact, never be made happy."
	-Paul Evans (as quoted by Barb Dijker in "Managing Support Staff", LISA '97)

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC