Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registere

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 01:28:20AM +0100, James Troup wrote:

> I'm not going to even begin to comment on any other aspect of this
> thread for various reasons, but this last point which has come up at
> least twice is annoying me.  I didn't (to the best of my knowledge)
> announce anything on IRC.  I responded *in private* to a private
> question from a new-maintainer applicant about the status of his
> application.  The fact that the question was posed and answered on IRC
> is entirely irrelevant; it could just as well have been done by email,
> phone, video conferencing, telepathy, real life chat or whatever.

Fair enough.  Now, in order to put a rest to the rumours, and
uncertainty (not entirely illegitimate, IMO), would you like to
comment once and for all on whether or not new maintainer processing
has indeed stopped until the release of potato?  Or, is it just the
usual situation where people expect things to go faster?

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,