Re: start-stop-daemon on Debian

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> Well...ideally every script SHOULD set its path to include
> everything it uses (it shouldn't make assumptions of "this is on
> my path") I dunno if this is currently policy but I think it is
> goo dpractice...

Yes, it would be a good policy, if not currently one.

> anyway...why is this  aproblem? why do you want to change it?
> isn't that EXACTLY what you want? (ie it has the path so you
> don't need to change it)

What I meant to say is that most scripts (or so I'm told) have that line
-- but the /etc/init.d scripts do *not* have them. The  change I'm
requesting is to have such a line added.

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                              (410)358-9800