start-stop-daemon on Debian

Hi,

I'm working on some scripts that will allow various daemons to be
start/stopped/reloaded from other machines, automatically.

One solution I've come up with is to use something of the sort:

ssh remotehost /etc/init.d/daemon reload

Assume I'm running as root and have made the changes to let it happen w/o
a password. I'm going to get an error here that it can't find
"start-stop-daemon". Alternatively, if I change the "daemon" script to
point to /sbin/start-stop-daemon then it works fine. I tried this with
/etc/init.d/bind

Someone mentioned to me that most of the scripts have a line at the top
like:

PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin

Is there any way that this could be changed?

Thanks,

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org
Director of Technical Services                              (410)358-9800