Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 05:33:11PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I'd rather have the X sources being smaller on the CDs than pristine.

You'll get your wish.  See the X Strike Force page,
http://master.debian.org/~branden/xsf.html.

XFree86 will continue to be two source packages, but they're both getting
smaller.  The first, which is the libraries, the binaries, and the
manpages, will go down from almost 22 megs to under 16 (the fonts are being
moved to the other source package).  The second, which will be just the
fonts and the books, will shrink from about 19.5 megs to under 14.

See that URL for the reason I can shave all this off.

> (I don't recall them being pristine sources at the moment anyway)

They're not.  For historical reasons, they're distributed as three huge
gzipped tar files, all of which unpack into a directory called "xc".

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    Communism is just one step on the long
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    road from capitalism to capitalism.