Re: DFSG Draft #8

Should we include a clause that says the software must be unencumbered by
software patents? This would make DFSG compliance a regional phenomena, but
that is the way things actually are in reality.

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 09:50:14AM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> I receieved a lot of good comments from the last draft.  The biggest single
> comment revolved around the format.  In order to keep Debian's documentation
> uniform, I was using Debiandoc-sgml to write the drafts in.  This also allowed
> for dynamic formatting of paragraphs and easy converstion to different formats
> such as text, HTML and postscript.  However, The format has changed.  Most of
> the section headers were removed.  The Restrictions moved up to be with the
> Freedoms.

Ean Schuessler                Director of New Products and Technologies
Novare International Inc.        The Unstoppable Fist of Digital Action
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.