Re: non-free, contrib, and non-us (was: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE))

Branden Robinson wrote:
> And while we're at it, since we're getting a nonus mirror in Canada that's
> more reliable than the "real" site, maybe we should make that one the
> official nonus and make it clear to one and all that "non-us" and
> "non-free" are orthogonal.  Whether something is export-controlled in the
> United States has nothing to do with whether or not its license meets the
> requirements of the DFSG (witness PGP versus GPG).
Then it should be sorted into main, contrib and nonfree, and mentioned
with the package on the web page.
--
David Starner - OSU student - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you want a real optimist, look up Ray Bradbury. Guy's nuts.