Re: KDE

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Montreal Wed Mar 10 09:33:09 1999
>
> Remco van de Meent <rvdmeent@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Raul Miller wrote:
> > > I like this idea.  But I think a better name for the site would be:
> > > unsupported.debian.org
> >
> > `problems.debian.org' :-)
>
> How about:
>
> nazi.debian.org -> free
> bastard.debian.org -> contrib
> jewish.debian.org -> non-free
>
> That should get the political message across.
>
> Or how about you can only access non-free and contrib by typing in an
> IP address?  Or maybe put the disclaimer in the directory name eg,
> debian-does-not-support-this-software-click-here-at-your-own-risk-by-entering-directory-you-agree-to-sell-your-soul-{non-free,contrib}
>
> Better than all these stupid games, Debian should simply trash contrib
> and non-free insteead of playing stupid political games and pretending
> to give a sh!t about users.

Woah!

Stop right there.

There was a smiley after the 'problems' suggestion.

However, we *are* a free software distribution.  We do believe in free
software.  I hope you don't have a problem with this.

RMS wants to make a point, and his point is that it is realistic to use a
completely free OS.  He'd like us to prove his point by providing an
example of such.

This ties in well with our goals.

So, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that we more clearly separate the
sections.

Jules