Re: Diskless boot NFS server image

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> >> Ideally, it should be possible to somehow support diskless systems
> >> directly into dpkg, however this is beyond the scope of my efforts.
> >
> >how would such a support look like ? i have to admit, i don't know how.
>
> Me either ;-)

IMHO the easiest way would be todo automatic configuration with answer
files (or a similar way to provide the necessary informations) - and
this would be useful for non-diskless clients to ;-) - some time ago
there has been discussion about this topic. I think that there has
been a proposal, too. But I don't know that anyone is working on this
issue.

Bye
  Christian

--