Re: KDE

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 09:02:55PM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
> >> Why is KDE still under Contrib since QT went OpenSource?  Does the
> >> OpenSource-ization of QT mean that KDE can be released on CD with the
> >> distribution?
> >
> >What I know:
> >If qt 2.0 out iof door, we have qt _and_ kde in the main distribution
> >(if someone package it...)
>
> Last I heard, QPL was still incompatible with the GPL, so there is
> still a problem.

Of course, when KDE releases their qt 2.0 based thing it will be under a
non-GPL license with permission for the few GPL parts they can't change
license on.  Also, KDE is in contrib for hamm only.  We don't make
changes to stable.

PGP: E8D68481E3A8BB778EE22996C9445FBE             The Source Comes First!
To boldly go where no bunch of geeks have gone before :)   --Joel Klecker