Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

Bruce Sass <bsass@bms.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:

   > Do you mean the base system or the install floppies?  I'm not planning
   > to change the base system, but there will only be one or at most two
   > install floppies plus a drivers floppy.

   Both.  Like it or not, "base" is part of the installation; if you don't
   touch base then the installation is still 8 or 9 disks. [...]

Blah.  The idea is that most people boot from CDROM.  The unfortunate
few who don't have a bootable CDROM boot from an install floppy or
two.  Most people then install from CDROM or network.  Even fewer
unfortunates have to put in all the base floppies.

I don't see too many base floppies as being half the problem of too
many install floppies.  Of course, that's only my opinion and anything
that can reduce the base floppies is still a good thing, but it's
completely orthogonal to my project.