Re: slink release delayed

Julian Gilbey <jdg@maths.qmw.ac.uk> writes:

> They have a nice kernel source on the sparkling new Debian CD which
> they just purchased.  Don't you think that some poor soul might not
> realise (or read the docs)?  And if you're telling me that people will
> just download the new kernel anyway, why are we shipping it at all?
>
> I'm going to file a grave bug report.
>
>    Julian

	I think this is a good thing.  Except that it appears that
2.2.1 might be very important for the SPARC architecture. (See
Steve Dunham's post below)  If the  Sparc kernel has the bug,
I don't know.

	P.S.
	Many people say. "I've been running it for weeks..."
Well, I ran it for at lease a  week, before it happened to me too. It
is a widely reported bug, it is real.   Note that Vincent
Renardais trashed a partition with it, as well.
I am going to the kernel archives now to see if it was perhaps
i386 specific.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>