Re: FVWM 2.2 officially released

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 04:44:34PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> fvwm 1 is also the only version that allows me to switch between the virtual
> screens with ctrl-arrow . I refuse to mouse over to the panning window
> and click there; that's a complete waste of time for me. The ctrl-arrow
> keystroke is fully programmed into my neural nets :-)

Try the following key bindings in your .fvwmrc:

Key Left A C Scroll -100 0
Key Right A C Scroll +100 +0
Key Up A C Scroll +0   -100
Key Down A C Scroll +0   +100

They work for me (using slink's fvwm2 - v2.0.46-BETA).

> Of course, if there's any way to do that with another window manager
> (e.g. fvwm 2.2), I'd love to hear about it. But *I* have never been
> able to find out how.

The easiest (rectius, laziest) way to find out how to do most things with
fvwm's configuration is NOT to read the man pages, but to use the 'dotfile'
program...:-)

Andrew